Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a novel (newly) discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
Below is the link to the Manchester Adult and Continuing Education Health and Safety Document. This document contains the most up to date information and protocols regarding Covid-19.
Please Note: All changes that the State or Manchester Public Schools make will be reflected in this document.
Information retrieved from World Health Organization website
- For the latest information about keeping you and your family safe, go to cdc.gov/coronavirus
- For resources and information about Connecticut’s response, visit ct.gov/coronavirus.
- Governor Lamont is urging people to sign up for cellphone alerts through the state’s CTAlert system. If you’re not subscribed to the #CTAlert emergency messaging system, visit: https://ctalert.gov
- FREE COVID-19 testing is available in multiple locations. For more information, go to COVID-19 testing locator site and search by location.
- For general information about the available COVID-19 vaccines, go to the CDC website.